If you do not have a daDup account, get one today.
SMBTo write data directly to your external daDup storage you can use the SMB (windows file share) protocol.
U need to select an backup location
- Click on Where to back up
- Click on Add location
- Specify the new backup location
- Browse to the required shared folder or enter the path in the following format: \\smb.nl.dadup.eu\DBxxx.sharename\ or smb://smb.nl.dadup.eu/DBxxx.sharename
- Then, click the arrow button. If prompted, specify the user name and password for the shared folder.
S3You can write to S3 when using Acronis Storage Backup Gateway/Acronis Cyber Infrastructure. The difference with SMB is that data is stored on the Acronis server before it is sent to the daDup storage. Make sure you have enough room.
There mus be a bucket available on daDup. Create one with a tool like Dragondisk.
Take the following steps to connect your Acronis with daDup S3:
- Click in the menu on services > Acronis Backup Gateway
- Select node(s) to run the gateway services on
- Click on Create Gateway in the right menu.
- Select Public cloud as storage type
- Make sure a network interface with the role is selected in the drop-down list. The corresponding interfaces with the role will be selected automatically.
If necessary, click the cogwheel icon and assign the required role(s) to network interfaces on the Network Configuration screen..
- Click NEXT
- Choose at Public cloud parameters for Authv2 compatible if daDup does not show up in the list
- The endpoint is nl.dadup.eu in en uw credentials zoals deze gevonden kunnen worden in uw daDup account.
- Specify the folder (bucket, container) to store backups in.
- Click NEXT
On the Registration pane, specify the following information for your Acronis product:
- In Account Server Name, specify the address of the Acronis Backup Cloud management portal (e.g., https://cloud.acronis.com/) or the hostname/IP address and port of the Acronis Backup Advanced management server (e.g., http://192.168.1.2:9877)..
- In Acronis Account, specify the credentials of a partner account in the cloud or of an organization administrator on the local management server.
- Click on done.